Rose water is a natural and versatile ingredient, appreciated for centuries for its beneficial properties for the skin. Used anciently by certain peoples such as the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans, this floral water is extracted from rose petals by distillation.
Rich in nutrients and antioxidants, rose water offers many benefits for facial skin. In this article, we will explore in detail the benefits of rose water, who it is for, how to create it, how to use it, as well as some recipes to enjoy its benefits for the face.
The benefits of rose water for the face
Rose water has many benefits for the face and we have selected some of them for you!Hydration
Rose water is an excellent natural moisturizer for the skin. It helps replenish lost moisture, leaving skin soft, supple and glowing.Soothing and reduction of redness
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, rose water calms skin irritations, redness and sunburn.Regulation of excess sebum
For people with oily skin, rose water can be an excellent ally. It helps balance sebum production, reducing the appearance of enlarged pores and imperfections.Natural anti-aging
Rose water is rich in antioxidants that help fight free radicals responsible for premature aging of the skin. It can therefore help prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.Toning
Rose water is a gentle and natural toner for the skin. It helps to firm the skin and improve its elasticity, helping to prevent sagging skin.
Who is rose water for?
Rose water is suitable for most skin types, including sensitive skin because it is gentle and non-irritating. It can be particularly beneficial for people with dry skin prone to irritation, redness or blemishes.
How to create your own rose water?
Creating your own rose water at home is relatively simple!
Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose fresh, organic roses. Be sure to use roses that have not been treated with pesticides or other chemicals.
- Rinse the rose petals. Before beginning the distillation process, gently wash the rose petals under water to remove any dirt or residue.
- Next, place the petals in a large stainless steel bowl, making sure it is slightly raised above the bottom. Add water to the bowl, without touching the petals. Then cover it with an inverted lid and filled with ice cubes.
- Then you need to turn on and heat the water. When the water reaches a boil, reduce the heat and allow the steam to pass through the petals. The steam loaded with essential oils from the petals condenses on the inverted lid and will slide into the small container placed under the lid. This is where the rose water will form.
- Finally, once the process is complete, transfer the rose water to a dark glass bottle to store it properly. Store it in a cool, dark place, preferably in the refrigerator, to extend its life.
You can also buy your rose water directly in store or online !
How to use rose water?
Rose water is versatile and can be used in many ways. Here are the different ways to use rose water.Facial toner
Apply rose water to clean skin using a cotton pad. This will help balance the skin's pH, tighten pores and prepare it for the application of other skincare products.Misting
Transfer the rose water to a spray bottle and use it as a refreshing mist throughout the day to hydrate your skin.The makeup remover
Rose water can be used to gently remove makeup from the face and eyes, while nourishing the skin.
Mix rose water with ingredients such as clay, honey or yogurt to create soothing and skin-conditioning masks.Compresses for the eyes
Soak two cotton pads in rose water and gently place them on your eyelids to soothe tired eyes and reduce puffiness.A hydrating mask with rose water and avocado
Mash a ripe avocado and mix it with two tablespoons of rose water.
Apply to clean face and leave on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.The soothing tonic with rose water and chamomile
Infuse a few chamomile flowers in hot water for 10 minutes then let cool.
Mix the chamomile infusion with an equal amount of rose water.
Apply to face after cleansing to soothe and cleanse skin.
Rose water is a natural treasure for the face, with its hydrating, soothing and toning benefits. Integrating rose water into your skincare routine will help you discover radiant and refreshed skin.
Find out how to clean your guasha , this tool that will make your skin incredible!